International Market Research/Foreign Cultures/ Corruption Perceptions
International business persons often need to quickly obtain detailed background information on a foreign culture. Answer the questions below by posting a comment. Identify the question that you are answering by re-stating the question, so that everyone can easily what subject matter you are addressing.
Remember, if someone has already answered the question that you were interested in, you MUST add significant new information or new resources (new web-site links, for example).
1. Where can you find out the size of a foreign market (e.g., Is there a good market in Uzbekistan for donuts? How do you know? if you don't want to sell Donuts in Ubzbekistan, you can substitute ANY product and ANY country -- the point is, where is the best place to find information on the size of foreign markets)?
2. Where can you find out how much of a given product/category the U.S. imports from abroad. Let’s say you wanted to find out how much furniture the US buys from the Phillipines? (Again you can substitute any product from anywhere -- the point is, how large is the US market for a particular foreign good?) Who would know the answer? Where might I find some help?
3. What’s the most corrupt country in Latin America (in terms of bribery)? The least corrupt?
4. Same question as above, but for Asia. Most corrupt, least corrupt?
5. Same question, but for Africa.
6. Same question, but for Europe.
7. Which country has the highest GDP per capita in Europe?
8. Highest GDP in Africa? Lowest?
9. Highest GDP in Latin America? Lowest?
10. Highest GDP in Asia? Lowest?
11. What’s a good website for understanding Japanese culture?
12. Korean culture?
13. Italian culture?